|Organisation Name||Bradman Carbon & Renewable Energy|
Permanent / Full Time
- Local Subsidiary of Major Global Energy Company
- Highly Diversified Energy Portfolio
- Melbourne based role
A major global energy company with a strong presence in Australia involved in various business verticals including traditional energy generation, renewable energy, energy trading and energy retail. They have a significant local portfolio and a strong local development pipeline backed by a global parent with a significant presence around the world, they have fully embraced the journey to decarbonisation and emission reduction.
Your new role:
Reporting to the General Manager Portfolio Optimisation you will analyse our client’s energy generation and trading activities with a view to developing the strategic insights required by the Global Energy Management team assisting them with energy risk management, hedging and energy supply. The goal is to meet revenue and risk objectives, while optimising gross margin. You will also be responsible for:
- Define the short and long term modelling needs for various stakeholders across various assets such as Gas, Wind/Solar, B2C and B2B portfolios.
- Ensuring that the end to end modelling process is designed appropriately, assisting the business to understand various modelling outputs and subsequent implications.
- Analysing the outputs from the models from a commercial perspective to identify portfolio management and optimisation opportunities.
- Keeping abreast of markets and products by maintaining relationships with the trading/structuring/origination teams to ensure that hedging strategies proposed are realistic and executable.
- Contribute to the development of risk policy as it relates to portfolio management activities, suggesting changes to ensure the policy is kept up to date and fit for purpose.
With Australian energy industry experience with respect to hedging assets and managing a portfolio and its risks. You have technical knowledge regarding modelling of various asset types and what a ‘realistic’ forecast looks like. You have the communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts to non-experts and you also have strong stakeholder management skills. Technically you are adept with Excel, SQL experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Use your energy market trading and portfolio optimisation experience to play a key role in Australia’s transition to a carbon neutral economy. If this sounds like you, please submit your application via this site. If you would like to discuss the role, then call Benjamin Green on 0439 441 394 Job No. 956270.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.