|Organisation Name||Yarra Energy Foundation|
- Create a zero-carbon future
- Engage business and residential communities to be part of the solution
- Voluntary board position
Established by Yarra City Council in 2010, the Foundation leads projects that work with residents, businesses and the wider community to achieve its aims.
The Foundation is recruiting two non-executive directors to replace Directors who have decided not to renew their membership after six years of service with the Board.
It is an exciting and impactful time to join the Foundation as it goes through unprecedented growth, having been awarded more than $1m in the last three months to progress game changing community battery and renewable energy hub concepts.
When considering the Foundation’s key challenges and opportunities into the future, there will be significant cultural and operational change requiring skills to help this not-for-profit go from strength to strength.
Skills and Experience
Across the two non-executive director positions being recruited for, the following skills are:
- Organisational change management with a focus on human resources for a rapidly growing organisation
- Organisational strategy and risk
- Income growth and diversification
- Compliance with the requirements of Directors as described in the Corporations Act and the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission Act
- Senior and productive public and private stakeholder networks which can be activated to support YEF’s mission and strategy
- AICD or equivalent company directors qualification
- Working knowledge of organisational finance and accounting
- Corporate governance
- Subject matter expertise in environmental sustainability/ climate change
- Local industry development
- An industry working knowledge of the Australian electricity sector in the context of clean energy and energy efficiency initiatives applicable for business and residential application
- A lived understanding of the City of Yarra community is an advantage.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder environments including with local government.
For those intrinsically motivated by making a difference, this leadership role at a pivotal time presents a unique opportunity to create a positive legacy for future generations.
YARRA ENERGY FOUNDATION OVERVIEW
The Yarra Energy Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit established to transition the City of Yarra business and residential community to a net zero stationary energy emissions future by 2030.
To achieve its mission, the Foundation’s strategic objectives are:
- To engage, identify pathways, and enable local Yarra businesses and residents to achieve a zero-carbon future
- Accelerate ,identify and implement strategic projects to scale carbon reduction and uptake of renewables and energy efficiency products and services
- Achieve organisational sustainability
The Foundation is working towards a goal of becoming more financially self-sufficient. To this end, the Foundation has been successful in securing more than $1m in State Government grants over the past three months to design and deploy community battery and renewable energy hub initiatives.
The large influx of funds for two critical projects, combined with a need to further grow and diversify revenue streams beyond that of Council, provides both an exciting time to help the Foundation navigate future strategic, operational and cultural shifts while transitioning the Yarra community to net zero energy emissions.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via this website. To discuss please call Michael Green on 0411 703 377.
Please note you will need to provide a cover letter, resume and Expression of Interest outlining your reason for nomination, skill sets, experience and qualifications and any other relevant details.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.